- Endorsement is key mark of quality assurance
Ansell Lighting has achieved LIA Laboratory Certification 003 for its Warrington-based luminaire testing facilities.
The laboratory is one of just six in the UK to have achieved the accreditation, enabling Ansell to validate the quality and performance of its new and existing products in-house.
The LIA stamp of approval follows a £x investment in a state-of-the-art goniophotometer, the Gonio Tunnel, for the laboratory. This enables Ansell to test components, new product design prototypes and existing products, to ensure complete accuracy and compliance with industry standards.
Lumen tests carried out using the Gonio Tunnel can also be cross-checked and verified by the LIA as an added assurance of quality.
Mark Abbott, Managing Director at Ansell Lighting, said: “The LIA Laboratory Certification acknowledges our testing capabilities as being on a par with those at the LIA’s own testing facilities at Telford.
“We underwent a stringent evaluation process, covering everything from test equipment and procedures to our quality management system and independence and impartiality, and are delighted to have earned our place among an elite group within the luminaire community.”
He added: “Being approved to carry out lumens testing in-house, rather than having to outsource testing, enables us to streamline and enhance product development and speed up route to market.
“Crucially, the ‘LIA Lab Certification’ logo delivers instant assurance to Ansell customers that our products adhere to the highest industry standards.”
The LIA Laboratory Certification applies to all LED lamps for display, amenity, commercial, industrial, floodlighting, emergency and smart lighting.
About Ansell Lighting
- Established in 1992, Ansell Lighting is a recognised market leader in the design and manufacture of high-quality luminaires for the commercial, domestic, industrial and architectural markets.
- Ansell lighting is a subsidiary of leading Japanese lighting company Endo Lighting.
- Ansell’s award-winning OCTO service can provide tailored and scalable connected solutions for a variety of applications.
- To find out more visit www.anselluk.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn